Friday, August 6, 2010

Leadership Summit and Other Thoughts...

It is Friday night and I'm just sitting down to decompress after a very busy week which ended with two days of the Leadership Summit. I always enjoy the Summit, but need the rest of the year to process and hopefully implement into my life and leadership some of the principles learned. So here is what's going through my mind at the moment...

I really enjoyed hanging out with the Children and Student Ministry department team on Wednesday night at our home as we welcomed Heidi to the team. They keep me young!

I enjoyed working with our Financial Oversight Team this week as we manage the financially tight times within the ministry. We continue to strike a good balance between fiscal responsibility and a sustained passion for our ministry.

Found a new coffee flavor I love. Carmel Toffee Coffee at the LCBC cafe.

Enjoyed Jim Collins talk on how to recognize an organization in decline and principles to bring it back. One of the comments he made related to a concept that calls leaders to live with both faith and a real awareness of the facts. One without the other can be damaging to an organization.

Also enjoyed a good talk on what motivates people. It wasn't a spiritual talk, but gave some good principles on how human beings are intrinsically motivated to achieve.

Appreciated the encouragement of fellow Christ followers at various times throughout this week. Couldn't dream of doing life in isolation. Thankful for the Body of Christ.

I was fascinated with the GORE story and how their company functions with a lattice style of leadership.

Heard one of the interviewed leaders swear multiple times. That was a first at a leadership summit.

My final thought... was challenged immensely by the pastor from Ada Bible Church on the Land in Between from Numbers 11 that we are all called to walk in. It's not a bad thing!!!

No comments: