Friday, February 17, 2012

Necessary Endings

I am currently reading the book Necessary Endings by Dr. Henry Cloud in conjunction with a number of colleagues.  It is proving to be a very good read on both a personal and professional level.

The author does a great job in getting the reader to recognize that there are beginnings and endings in many facets of our lives.  This really isn't a new concept to us as we speak often of "new and old" things and the reality of "life and death".  But, at the end of the day, most of us don't life to focus on the "ending" part of things even though we can all honestly look back and be glad for seasons which have come to an end.

For example; I am grateful my University days came to an end.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed my University days immensely and will always carry great memories of those days as it was there I met my wife and attained my passion to serve Christ within His church.  But, I was glad when my days as a student came to an end so that I could launch out into life.  It was a necessary ending.

I am currently thinking long and hard on this overall topic as I am guessing there are still some personal and professional "endings" that may need to take place within my heart, mind and life in order to move on to God's best for my life.  I am concerned that there may be some needed endings impeding what may be God's next adventure.  What about you?  Are there any necessary endings you need to consider?

No comments: