Saturday, August 15, 2009

Weekend "Mind Dump"

I can't believe I didn't even get to my blog this week! It has truly been one of those crazy & busy weeks that left my mind & body weary but my heart energized for Christ and the ministry of Grace! In light of that... here are some of what's going on in my head right now;

My wife and I just spent a week without our kids. Last Saturday we met up with my parents in Bath, NY. I just love that my kids get to spend a week with their grandparents as I have very fond memories of times together with my grandma and grandpa. Can't wait to see them all tonight!!!

I love my job as XP, but it sure was fun to prep and engage in a number of speaking engagements this week. This week I enjoyed prepping a message in Ephesians, a student ministry talk and prepping for this Sunday's talk from Romans 8:18-25. I'm feeling rusty and don't like that, but God is good and does what He does in and through my willing heart.

Spent quite a bit of time in prayer this week due to a number of large decisions that weigh heavy on a leaders heart that are kept between him (the leader) and his God!

Enjoyed some great discussions with ministry leaders about the future of their areas of oversight. God's doing incredible things in and through them and it pumps me up!

Favorite Comment of the Week: I had just finished one of my lengthy rants about the future of Grace that outlines more work and energy than any of us has (It's God who works in and through us making it all possible) and this ministry leader commented with a smile that the "twinkle in my eye" somehow makes her think that I love the challenge before us. She's right... I can't wait to keep pouring myself into Grace Ministry because I believe with all my heart that the best is yet to come!

Favorite Date of the Year so far: August 14 as Susan and I celebrated 16 years of marriage! Love you Susan and would do it all over again a million times over as I couldn't imagine spending my life with anybody but you!

There's a million other things going through my head right now... but I'm off to finalize my prep for tomorrow. Trusting God for Great Things!!!

No comments: