Saturday, September 5, 2009

Blog vs. Journal!

It's been weeks since I checked into my own blog!!! I don't know much about blogging but I do know that this is one of the greatest sins a blogger can commit. There are multiple reasons and excuses I could give as to why this is true, but the biggest reason lies with a decision I'm trying to make.

One of the primary reasons I started with a blog was because of my desire to capture some of my thoughts in a written format for my kids. In fact, over the years I have sought to share some of the inner workings of my mind as a pastor with any who cared to read them. But, I'm wrestling with whether or not I want to move in a new direction a year later.

Here's where I'm at...

First, I'm so close to joining facebook because I want to keep in the loop on my oldest child who is ready & willing to teach his aging parents all about this social networking site. I'm not there yet!

Secondly, I'm currently wrestling with how I as an XP and we as a ministry can better communicate many of our happenings in a more culturally relevant way. For us as a church to not have a facebook or twitter account leaves us a little behind the eight ball.

Thirdly, I'm ready to do something very "old fashioned". I'm really close to purchasing a nice notebook and journal with a good old pen and paper. I feel as though I'm at a place where I want to discipline myself in taking the time to capture my thoughts daily on paper. This again is something else I hope to pass down to my kids someday.

So... how much longer will I blog? I'm not really sure, but I do know we all wrestle with how to best communicate and capture the thoughts and desires God regularly places on our hearts.

No comments: