Friday, January 14, 2011

The Excitement is Building!

It is hard to believe, but in just a little over three weeks, I am headed to the Central African Republic to represent Grace church and visit our sponsored orphans, schools and centers. I am blessed to be going with another Pastor from our church (Doug Kegarise) and we will be connecting with another church from Ohio in Paris.

As we've been preparing for this trip, I have been praying for a number of things and would invite you to do the same if God would so lead you.

First, I've been praying that God would teach me what it is He believes I need to be taught throughout this experience. Experiences like this stretch and grow one's faith if in tune to God's leading throughout.

Secondly, I've been praying that God would comfort my family back home while I am away. We do most things together as a family, so this will be the first time in 17 years of marriage that I've been apart from my wife for so long. Please pray that God would sustain and keep them while I am traveling. I am so thankful for their support and excited to bring my experiences home to my family.

Thirdly, I've been praying that God would use both Pastor Doug and I to communicate well to our church family our experience. The church in America must continual battle against an isolated/Western approach to doing church and following Christ and develop a more global perspective on what our Great and Sovereign God is doing all around His globe.

Fourthly, I've been praying that God would meet our financial needs. This trip when it is all said and done will cost each of us approximately $3000 with all of the expenses of the trip and preparations (i.e. medical visits, shots) for the trip. We have both committed to going but are also trusting God to provide for us.

Finally, I've been praying that God would teach me what true joy really is. I recently sat down with my wife and watched a video of the orphans we will be visiting opening up their Christmas gifts. It touched me greatly and I can't wait to give them a hug when we get over there. If you want to watch it, click the title "The Excitement is Building" above and enjoy.

1 comment:

Miawa said...

I'm sure with a great faith in God that He will answer each of your prayers for you, your family and your church. I am sure that great joy will flood your hearts and you will in turn bring joy to those children. Bless you