Friday, September 30, 2011

God is Able

I love music!  Music has always stirred deep emotions within me as it is something I could not live without.  To be honest, I'm not that musically inclined and so I am thankful for those who share with the world the gift of music.

This week, I purchased the latest Hillsong recording entitled "God is Able".  I've always enjoyed the music of Hillsong and have found this latest recording an incredible encouragement and motivator.  Please know that I don't state this lightly as I understand the emotional power found in music that can lead us down paths that stray from the truth of God's word.  I state this because my favourite song off of the recording is rooted in a truth from Scripture (it has a good beat as well). 

The song is entitled "God is Able" and speaks powerfully to the greatness and might of our God.  I must confess that sometimes I get lost in the details and pressures of life and forget this truth.  There are times in both my personal life and ministry life that I lose sight of God's goodness and in His ability to do more than I could humanly dream or imagine and I stop asking and dreaming big dreams in Him and for Him. 

So... I have determined this week to be very intentional about dreaming God sized dreams on a weekly basis.  As I reflect on both the personal side of my life and the ministry side of my life (which are very much intertwined) I am going to be sure to always have one or two God sized dreams rattling around in my heart and prayer life so as to never lose sight of the greatness and power of God.  HE is ABLE!!!

So what is your God sized dream?  Have you stopped dreaming God sized dreams?  What are you trusting Him for that only He can do?

"Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! (Ephesians 3:20-21)

No comments: