Thursday, December 22, 2011

One Gift to Go...

It is hard to believe that another Christmas Day will soon be upon us.  As the day quickly approaches so to do all of the final preparations that go into it all.  To be honest, I haven't had much to do with the Auld family preparations as they fall mostly to my wife.  In fact, as the day quickly approaches I find myself somewhat weary as the bucket of ministry has been poured out on so many fronts and yet there is one final gift that must be sought out.

My need to pursue this gift was birthed out of a question posed by a ministry colleague earlier this week when he challenged us to consider what we were giving Jesus this year for Christmas.  At first glance, this many seem like a silly question or one that deserves a pat answer and yet it is a question that has me really thinking.

What do you give the King of Kings?  What do you give the God who loves you so much He willingly took on flesh and entered fallen humanity in order to rescue us from our sin?  What do you give a Saviour who has given everything for you?  These are not easy questions that warrant easy answers.

So... I still have one gift to go.  I am still not sure what I am going to give Jesus but it is proving to be a very soul searching exercise that I want to take quite seriously heading into 2012.  I trust that all who read this will also consider what they will be giving Jesus this year as you finish up your shopping lists heading into Christmas.

No comments: