Thursday, November 20, 2008

Books, Sex, Outreach Center and 1 Timothy - Thursday AM Musings!

It's Thursday morning and I've taken some time to catch my breath, organize my office and spend some time with God. With that in mind, here are some of my Thursday morning musings that have been rattling around my brain thus far...

BOOKS I'M GETTING READY TO READ
I'm looking forward to getting away to visit some family in Niagara Falls next week and I have two books going with me. The first is one the entire elder board of Grace Church is going to read together throughout 2009. It's entitled "Who Stole My Church" by Gordon MacDonald. The second book I hope to get through is "The Case for the Real Jesus" by Lee Strobel.

ENJOYING ED YOUNG'S LATEST SERIES
Ed Young of Fellowship Church is preaching a powerful series entitled "Leaving Lust Vegas". He is approaching the topic of sex and lust from a very Biblical and real perspective encouraging the church and married couples to live and speak the truth about this subject. There is no doubt the world daily hits all of us with the topic of sex with anything but a Biblical perspective, so it is time the church and godly married couples start sharing God's perspective on this wonderful gift He's given to us. His November 16 message stirred a lot of attention from the secular media as he and his wife challenged the congregation to have sex for 7 days in a row... I have nothing else to say but you married couples better watch his message and listen to the preacher!!!

I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING...
... my friend's new outreach center that the church he pastor's opened in a very dark part of Niagara Falls. Over the past two years, they have been praying and planning to launch a ministry in a part of the city very few other believers ever dare to go. I can't wait to see how God is going to use this center and my pastor friend to impact the lives of those in society that many (including many churches) want nothing to do with.

PROUD OF MY PARENTS
I'm still reflecting upon the Pastoral Epistles right now and read 1 Timothy 5:4 and came to a complete pause as I reflected upon the truth written. I took a moment to pause because I see this particular verse being lived out in a very real and powerful way through my parents as they care for my grandmother which is pleasing to God. I'm proud of them and the legacy of truth they are living out as an example to me. Hats off to all who live out 1 Timothy 5:4 (I'd encourage you to click on it!!!)

Well, that's about it for now... a brief look into the Thursday morning mind of Pastor Tim!

No comments: