Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Grounded in Gratitude

We're doing a great series here at Grace Church that has encouraged us to be grounded in gratitude. Our worship leader has written a wonderful new song that encourages us to give thanks to our God for who He is and what He has done. So here I go... my top five in each of those areas:

Heavenly Father, I thank you that you are...
  • Sovereign and that I can rest and have peace in your Sovereignty no matter what the circumstances are that surround me.
  • Faithful and that I can always count on you to fulfill your promises.
  • Love and that we know how to love because you first loved us.
  • Just and that you rightfully saw the debt of sin paid and declare me righteous through your Son.
  • Holy and that there are none like you. You are set apart from all else!

Heavenly Father, I thank you that you have...
  • Freely given your Son to be my Savior.
  • Blessed me with a wonderful wife and children.
  • Blessed me with a roof over my head and food on my table.
  • Blessed me with a wonderful Church staff and family to do ministry and life with.
  • Given me a heritage that is rich in love for both family and Christ.
I must confess that this simple exercise has made me realize afresh and anew how easily I fall into the trap of discontentment and grumbling at times. I have so much to be thankful for and I need to continue asking the Lord to make me one Grounded in Gratitude. Have a Happy Thanksgiving in our wonderful Lord!

No comments: