Sunday, January 18, 2009

Wow... what a Saturday

I thought it was time to provide yet another glimpse into what a day might look like for this pastor... So here was my Saturday:
  • Woke up at 5:00 AM (after not sleeping well) and decided to get the day started since there was a 1/2 day elder retreat that started at 8:00 AM.
  • My morning routine then includes a stop at the restroom, the making of coffee and letting the dog out in some very, very cold weather.
  • From there, spent some time with God in His Word, prayer and reading another portion of the "Cast of Characters" book.
  • Showered, dressed, said good-bye to Susan and left the house around 7:05 AM for the elder b-fast and meeting.
  • From 7:30 - 1:00, I was at the Eden Resort where the elders enjoyed a great b-fast together and hours worth of great conversation about the next five years at Grace. I left greatly encouraged and pumped about the next five years for our ministry.
  • I then hopped in my car and drove to the church to work a bit more. On the way spent some time on the phone with my family and found out my son had scored 14 points in his basketball game that morning. I guess he was hitting on all cylinders from the top of the key and I was very proud of him and sad I missed his game!
  • Spent a few hours at the office catching up on some work and debriefing with Scott about the morning meeting.
  • Headed home to a house full of kids and walked into a home that had some homemade beef stew cooking. Couldn't wait for supper, so I had some left over homemade lasagna in order to stretch my stomach for the stew an hour later...
  • Had my son show me his friends new Penn State jersey that cost far less than my son's. ($10.00 vs. $55.00) Ouch... that hurt!
  • Watched President Elect Obama's speech in Baltimore.
  • Enjoyed a wonderful dinner with family and their friends and then did the dishes. YES I enjoy doing dishes...
  • Took a few hours and read the book entitled "The Four Obsessions of an Extraordinary Executive" and gained some wonderful insights about leadership as it relates to my role at Grace.
  • Watched a little HGTV in HD and then headed off to bed excited about Sunday.

That may or may not sound like an exciting day to you, but that was a day in the life of one of your pastors.

No comments: