Monday, February 9, 2009

CAR Blessings and Thoughts...

It's Monday morning and I've just finished reading the latest update from our team in CAR from Pastor Scott's blog. I also took some time to watch the video they sent back to us as well. All I can say is WOW... what a blessing to see and hear how God is at work in our team and half way around the world. Here are some of the things I am struck with this Monday AM from the reports thus far...

What joy the people of the CAR seem to have in the simple things of life that I take for granted. I was brushing my teeth this morning with a fairly new tooth brush and began thinking about how I just go out and buy new one when I need one. Yet, the orphans in Africa had never seen a toothbrush until our team went over. I gave thanks for my toothbrush this morning and I not sure that I have ever done that before in my life.

I reflected upon the thought of 300 people gathering in a mud building to worship the same God we worshipped back here in Lititz yesterday. So often we get so wrapped up in ourselves and our preferences on a Sunday morning that we forget how big our God really is and that millions of people all around this globe cry out to Him every single day and He hears and sees it all. How petty we can get when our preferences aren't met!

I reflected upon those orphans all lining up to receive their one simple meal in a tin cup on a daily basis. I could not help but think about the meals (that's right... plural) I enjoyed yesterday. There was variety and so much that I couldn't clean my plate. God help me next time I find myself complaining about what I have to eat.

These are just a few of the thoughts rumbling through my head at the moment. I acknowledge that my awareness to these things gets heightened when teams travel around the world like this, but I am asking God to continue humbling my heart and making me a truly grateful person for all the blessings I enjoy on a daily basis.

No comments: