Tuesday, January 5, 2010

BIG HOCKEY GAME TONIGHT!


Having grown up in Canada, one of the traditions we most enjoy throughout the Christmas season is the IIHF (International Ice Hockey Federation) Jr. Tournament. It takes place all over the globe and this year it is being played in Saskatoon, Canada.

Tonight is the Gold medal game between the Canadians and the Americans. They have met before in the finals and Canada lost back in 2004 when the Canadian goalie shot it off of his own defenceman into the net. So tonight is a big night for this Canadian as I settle in on my couch to watch the big game.

So... I am back from Europe, happy to have my lazy boy, my HDTV and my Canadian Jr's going for gold at 7 PM tonight on the NHL network against the Americans. I will have my Canadian sweatshirt on and my flag waving for the boys in red and white. Go Canada!!!

No comments: