Friday, January 8, 2010

Global Awareness

Like most, I have a tendency to get very inward focused. There is something within all of us that makes it much easier to think about "me" rather than "others". I believe this can also be true of churches as well. We can get so wrapped up in ourselves that we fail to see a great big God at work in our cities, country and world.

One of the benefits of my recent missions trip was a fresh new awareness of just how big our God really is and how much He loves all peoples of the world. He sent Jesus to die for the sins of the world and not just the people of Lititz or PA or even the USA. Therefore, it is imperative that we begin to take off our self serving glasses and put on our global glasses to be a part of God's bigger plan to reach all peoples and countries with the transforming message of Jesus Christ.

A website that has been helping me process all of this information is www.joshuaproject.net I would encourage you to check it out periodically and keep a global perspective on God's work within our world. I know I will!

No comments: