Monday, December 1, 2008

Monday Morning Musings...


It was really nice to get away for a few days over the Thanksgiving holidays and visit with family and friends in Niagara Falls. As I settle in for the week, here is what's going on inside of my head as well as a preview of future blogs.


Sick Dog: As parents, we've had to make emergency trips to the doctor's office either right before or during a vacation. But... I've never had to make an emergency trip to the Vet for my dog just before a trip. The details of that visit are a definite blog!


Snow: I enjoyed the opportunity to drive through snow on the way to Niagara Falls and then watch my kids build an incredible snowman on Wednesday. I had also forgotten to put the snow brush into the car which meant I had to go out and buy one while in Canada.


Visits: It is always nice to visit with family and friends. Visits this time included my parents, my brother and his family, my grandmother in her new retirement home, dinner with pastor friends and a visit to a new youth outreach center. It was really wonderful to walk through this youth center in a part of Niagara Falls where there is very little outreach taking place. I can't wait to see how God is going to use my friend and the church I grew up in to make an impact in that part of the city. This too is going to be an upcoming blog!


Niagara Fury and Fireworks: On Friday night we spent some time down at the brink of the Falls and had a lot of fun. We started by riding the Niagara Fury which simulates what it would have been like to see the Falls evolve. Apart from the whole evolution thing... it wasn't bad, but I'm glad we got a really good reduced rate because it wouldn't have been worth what they charge the tourists. We then moved to the very brink of the Falls where we watched fireworks. We finished the evening off with coffee and candy cane hot chocolate at Tim Hortons. By the way... I'll most definitely be blogging about my new Tim Horton's mug.


Susan's Family and Country Cupboard: We finished off our trip on Saturday by stopping in Lewisburg, PA to visit with Susan's family that had driven to spend the evening at Country Cupboard. We enjoyed the few hour break from the road and enjoyed spending some time with her family over the Thanksgiving weekend. I think there may be a blog dealing with Country Cupboard as well.


As always, it was nice to get away and visit with family and friends but it is always good to get home. I'm excited about what my week holds as there are many exciting things God continues to do here at Grace which will no doubt lead to new blog posts as well.


No comments: