Monday, June 22, 2009

Monday Morning Thought... Blowing my mind!

"Now to Him who is able to do immeasurable more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." (Ephesians 3:20-21)

These words are words that I have known for quite some time, but I feel like for the first time in my life I'm really just beginning to catch a small glimpse into the reality of this truth. Don't get me wrong, I've seen God do some incredible things in my life and ministry, but He's doing immeasurable more right now at Grace Church then we are even asking. Here are a few examples...

Thursday Night: We had an elder meeting where we introduced some of our new staff and recognized some elders that have served faithfully for many years. What I experienced Thursday night at a "meeting" was nothing short of what true fellowship is. The sense of togetherness, loyalty and willingness to charge the gates of hell together was present all because of JESUS!!! He was lifted high Thursday night and it is HIM we celebrate and share in together. To have a leadership on task and focused like this is incredible.

People Around the Table: One of the things you learn quickly as a leader is that I can't even come close to doing it all. As I give leadership at Grace I knew immediately that we would need the right people around the table on a number of fronts if we were going to accomplish all that God has called us to accomplish. This morning as we held a "team huddle", I looked around the table and couldn't help but give thanks for the team God is assembling for us. The skill sets, expertise and passion for Christ and His church is evident and growing and I can't wait to see who else God brings us!

Church Management Software: One of the areas we are seeking to grow in within our office is our use of technology to better connect the entire ministry and its systems. Right now we are working way too hard and frankly wasting to much time using outdated systems. As we enter into our new fiscal year, we had set aside a substantial amount of money to implement a new Church Management System over the course of this year. Found out this morning that we may get this for free! That's God doing immeasurable more than I had asked!!!

There is much more I could comment on, but those are just a few of the thoughts running through my mind this morning as I get ready to hit the top 10 prayer request list again! Trusting God to MUCH MUCH MUCH more than I'm even going to ask! Blow my mind again God!!!

No comments: