Sunday, June 28, 2009

Proud Husband!

This week, another chapter of life is coming to an end and my wife Susan and I are about to begin writing a new chapter together. As of June 30th, 2009, Susan will have completed her role as Director of Children's Ministries here at Grace and I wanted to take a moment to tell her how proud I am of her and how much I love her.

I met Susan back in 1990 at Philadelphia College of the Bible where I truly felt my call to become a pastor. As our love and relationship grew, I was blessed to be dating a very attractive young lady who was more than willing to spend her life as a pastor's wife. Over the years she has willingly moved as God has led us and faced some of the incredible pressures that go along with being the wife of a pastor. But together, we have also enjoyed and seen some of the incredible blessings that come when we choose to walk in obedience to God.

When we moved to Lancaster County, we prayed that God would open up the right door of service for Susan as she was desirous to serve the Lord in whatever capacity He so chose. We would have never guessed it was here at Grace Church. Over the past three years my love, respect and awe for my wife's giftings and abilities has grown tremendously as I have watched her stretch and do things for God she would have never dreamed. It's been good and I can't wait to get to heaven and see how God has used her servant's heart to impact His kingdom.

Selfishly, I'm looking forward to getting my wife back. The past 12 months have been long and tiresome as we both served long hours here at Grace while trying to balance family life. I know she will miss many aspects of what she did daily, but I also know she is excited about God's next adventure for her as by faith we wait upon the Lord's leading.

WARNING: It's about to get mushy... Susan, I love you and I am proud to be your husband. You are my soul mate and I can't wait to keep living God's adventure for us together with you. It has been 16 wonderful years of marriage and this I know for sure... I LOVE YOU AND APPRECIATE YOUR HEART FOR THE LORD, YOUR FAMILY AND THIS CHURCH! I have no doubt the next chapter of life will be anything but dull!!!

No comments: