Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Why the title "En Route"?


The term "En Route" has a French origin and simple means "on the way". It is a term I became familiar with as I got to know an Air Canada (major airline in Canada) pilot fairly well. The more I got to know this guy, the more I learned and researched this airline. En Route is what they named their credit card and magazine as they wanted people to spend their money (especially on airline tickets) when they were "on their way" to some destination listed in their magazine.

As I thought about this, I could not help but return to the Biblical reality that on the day I placed my faith and trust in Christ to save me from my sins, I began a road, a journey, a course towards my ultimate destination. I'm in essence, "en route" to meet Jesus. I'm not sure how long this journey here on earth will last and I'm not sure what obstacles and detours I'll face along the way, but I do now that each and every day brings me one step closer to my final destination (an eternity with Jesus).

My desire is to track this journey and my growth through this blog. I'm in process and running my race and I am determined to keep making my way by God's grace and with His help to finish well as I cross the line. The Bible clearly tells me that we are all in a race and that it will require perseverance, endurance and a firm fixation upon Jesus to stay the course and remain en route towards my final objective (Meeting my Savior face to face and hearing the words "Well Done"!)

The reality is that we are all en route. I trust that my thoughts in the blogs to come will encourage and challenge you as you continue on the way towards the finish line. Let me encourage you to not live your life en route towards the passing destinations of life, but rather give yourselves completely to staying en route towards Christ's finish line where He stands to meet and greet His children.

I'm taking some time this week to reflect upon some verses that always encourage and motivate me en route to my final destination. I trust they will do the same for you.

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider Him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart." (Hebrews 12:1-3)

No comments: