Wednesday, September 10, 2008

This is the "Crazy Busy" Day the Lord has made!

Today was one of those days in pastoral ministry that was both crazy busy yet very rewarding. Here are a few of the highlights:
  • I started my day off with an hour of prayer with a number of staff members. You really get to know and appreciate those you serve with when you pray together.
  • I had a great meeting with some of our office staff. The amount of work these ladies get accomplished on behalf of our ministry is incredible. I'm blessed to work with them.
  • I moved into an HR meeting that dealt with Health Care. It was both enlightening and confusing all at the same time. Thank goodness for an HR manager that knows what she is doing!
  • I had a blast at a welcome lunch for our Pastor of Connections. There's nothing like having lunch with 8 of the guys I get to do ministry and life with daily. I came away feeling very blessed to be serving alongside these guys.
  • I then moved into a meeting with our Pastor of Connections where we spent an hour talking about connecting people to Christ and each other. There is not much that is more rewarding than to sit and talk about growing Christ followers in God's Word with a brother in Christ that shares the same passion. Great hour!!!
  • My next move was into a marketing meeting. WOW! It's incredible to think about how marketing can serve the local church to make us more effective in communicating our desire to meet and move. I look forward to more of these discussions.
  • As evening began to roll in, I spent an hour talking with the Sr. Pastor about the future of Grace Church ministries. How incredible it is to sit and think big together about what we believe God is going to accomplish in and through this local church. That's a fun hour!
  • I then moved into my evening that saw me working with an employee who is leaving. It's never easy to say good-bye, but it's easier when the individual feels they are in the will of God.
  • I then had a fun hour with a couple that is getting married on November 1st. What a privilege it is for me as a pastor to marry this sweet couple that loves the Lord and each other. These are the special moments of ministry.
  • My evening then finished by once again talking with my Sr. Pastor who had the privilege of leading a young man to Christ who had been attending our church for 1 year searching. I had met this young man a month ago over lunch and it was so exciting to see him take this step of faith tonight. GOD IS GOOD!

It's been a crazy busy day, but I'm getting ready to head home with a big smile on my face because I get to wake up and do this all over again tomorrow. Call me nuts, but I love being a pastor!!!

1 comment:

Pastor Scott said...

I love being a pastor here at Grace as well, Tim, and one of the reasons why is because I get to partner with you on a daily basis for the cause of Christ! You are doing an amazing and excellent job!