Thursday, September 4, 2008

Another Year - Strong God!

This past Monday I celebrated birthday number 37. I know many would say that's still pretty young, but I must confess that there are nights when 9:00 PM hits and I'm dead to the world on our sofa with CNN or the Food Network still moving through their evening programming.

Between pastoral ministry, two kids in a multitude of activities, a wife committed to her call as the Children's Ministry director and a dog with ADD, the days blow by in rapid succession leaving me feeling weary at best some nights. Yet, I'm feeling stronger than ever these days. I must admit that it has nothing to do with a regimented exercise program or even much sleep (even though these things are very good), but rather a faithful God. I've been listening to a song recently that speaks well to the truth of what God is accomplishing in and through me on a daily basis as I seek to rest and wait upon Him.

The song is Everlasting God and I enjoy the arrangement sung by Chris Tomlin. The lyrics are:
Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord
Our God, You reign forever
Our hope, our Strong Deliverer
You are the everlasting God
The everlasting God
You do not faint
You won't grow weary
Our God, You reign forever
Our hope, our Strong Deliverer
You are the everlasting God
The everlasting God
You do not faint
You won't grow weary
You're the defender of the weak
You comfort those in need
You lift us up on wings like eagles.

I'm still feeling pretty young, but it sure is nice to know that God still renews the strength of young guys like me even though 9:00 PM on the sofa sounds pretty good even now! Isaiah 40:30-31

1 comment:

Rick Glass said...

CNN & Food network...yep you're old! I'm still young though because my tv is on FOX News & Food network!