- It's been a lot of fun hanging out with our Worship Arts Director, Matt and a few of our elders. You really get to know the guys you serve with when you take a trip like this.
- It's been very educational in respects to our investigating the realities of multi-site ministry. We heard over and over again "Multi-sites change everything."
- It's been spiritual refreshing to get pumped up for Jesus with over 3000 leaders from around the U.S., Canada and even the U.K. It was loud and the bass thumped right through my chest, but it was awesome to sing out in praise to Jesus Christ who was the center of all our attention.
Here are a few thoughts from the first main session by Perry Noble:
There is a breakdown in communication between Jesus and the church. We keep asking him to build OUR church rather than HIS church.
Three Questions the Church must ask themselves:
(Based upon 2 Kings 7:1-11)
1) Are we willing to embrace change?
It is hard for most churches to embrace change, but most churches are only 1 or 2 decisions away from doing something great for God.
Every church has a choice; change or die!
It’s important to understand that we can’t manage a move of God. But understand that moves of God are messy.
2) Are we willing to work?
Don’t use prayer as an excuse for working hard.
The lepers got up and after they did they realized that God had done a work as well. But, if they had never gotten up (done the work), they would have never experienced the work of God.
3) Are we serious about reaching the world
The four lepers went and told the city about the moving of God and set an entire city free with the good news (2 Kings 7:8-11)
There were many other thoughts that went along with this message, but these are some pertinent questions worth chewing on!