Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Vacation Recap # 2 - Recreation


Played Beaverbrook Golf Course
The Auld boys enjoyed 9 holes of golf at this little course in Minden ON. It’s not often that my dad, brother, Josh (my son) and I get out golfing together. We had a lot of fun looking for our balls (I have a terrible slice) and enjoying a great afternoon together.

Ate Kawartha Ice Cream
There is a local creamery up in Minden ON that the kids ate at last summer and it was imperative that we returned. I ate up some good heavenly hash ice cream just before heading over to Tim Horton’s for a coffee and donut. Nothing like vacation!!!

Rode Go-Karts with the Kids
While visiting with friends in Ottawa, we spent an afternoon go-karting and mini golfing. I must confess that I was a little bit nervous about my nine year old daughter driving her own, but she did great and I loved speeding around the track with the family.

Toured Parliament Hill
The family had a wonderful time walking through the Canadian Parliament buildings. My children are dual citizens and I want them to appreciate and be knowledgeable on the governments of both countries. The trip up the Peace Tower was interesting as Susan is terrified of heights... but she was a trooper and made the trip up with the whole gang!

No comments: