Saturday, July 25, 2009

Vacation Recap # 3 - REST


REST: Here are a few of the main attractions from vacation that helped me recalibrate my heart as I continue along as a Christ follower...


Breakfast with Bill
I had the privilege of spending the morning with the president of the Associated Gospel Churches of Canada while on vacation and enjoyed a wonderful morning talking about the work of God in Canada. It was a good reminder that our great big God is at work in more than just Lititz, Lancaster County, PA and even the United States. Our God is the God of all countries and at work in each and every one. It’s good to recalibrate and broaden my horizons on the global work of God.

Watched the Sun Set Over Lake Huron
I find nothing quite as tranquil and powerful as watching the sun set over Lake Huron. I never tired of heading down to the lake and watching the sun set. I guess it was always a reminder that our grand Creator causes the sun to rise and set daily which reminds me of just how small I am and how much I must depend daily on Him. The sun setting at the Lake has a way of humbling me while at the same time filling me with gratitude for an all powerful God who chooses to love me and sustain me and this world daily. I lose sight of that some days in ministry!

Spent a Sunday with the Lighthouse Baptist Church Family
My family and I had the privilege of spending a day with our old church family. This group of Christ followers let me as a young pastor cut his teeth on them. We had a great time reminiscing about doing life together as we celebrated and mourned the real life events this church body had faced over the past five years. God used this time to deepen my passion for the local church as there is nothing quite as special then the eternal bond we share together in Christ.

No comments: