- We had the opportunity to spend 3 hours in the center of Barcelona yesterday. It was a wonderful experience. The best part for me was that we found a Starbucks and I was able to get a great cup of coffee that was bigger than the tiny shot of Espresso found at the hotel. I may hook myself up to a coffee IV when we return.
- We wrapped up our last session of VBS with the kids. One of the highlights was when Jill had all of the kids pray and the kids did so in the language of the country in which they were from. It was very cool to realize that no matter the language, our great big God understood it just fine.
- Our VBS kids performed in the missionary talent show over dinner and they were the hit of the night with their song.
- One of the highlights for some of our team members was to hear the many wonderful comments from the parents of these kids. The comment we heard over and over again is that they (as parents) never once had to force/make their kids go to our program. They were always asking mom and dad if it was time yet to go.
- After a late night of packing we were up bright and early and on to the bus where nine hours later we arrived once again at the Chateau. We are all very thankful for safety with the many miles covered over the past week.
- We enjoyed some French pizza, some great conversation and many laughs tonight as we sat around the Chateau dining room playing games and just relaxing a bit after a very full week of going hard.
Tomorrow we are going to do some sightseeing in Macon and then celebrate New Year's Eve with the Macon Church Family. I am looking forward to interacting with some French Christ followers as we ring in the New Year six hours earlier than most of us have every done before.
In my next post I am going to take some time to reflect on two of my personal highlights and growing experiences on this trip.