Friday, April 3, 2009

God's Promise in the Sky!

(I had problems getting the actual picture I took of the rainbow into my blog)

Shortly after the storm, I took a walk through the neighborhood in which we live and witnessed a beautiful rainbow. It caused me to pause and just worship a wonderful God who keeps His promises even in the middle of storms. (Genesis 9:8-17)

As I came back to reality, I looked around at all the debris sitting in the road and on lawns. It was truly a mess. Lives had been turned upside down in a matter of seconds and the long road of clean up and repair would have to begin. I couldn't help but see our spiritual lives in that very picture. Sin has caused tremendous mess in our lives. In a matter of seconds we make decisions that can ruin us for years to come. Yet, in the middle of our mess stands Jesus Christ ready and willing to step in and rescue us if we by faith are willing. The mess just doesn't disappear as there are consequences to our actions, but as we experience the forgiveness of God through Christ the process of clean up begins.

I guess that's what so exciting about the vision of Grace Church as well. God's willing to meet us right in the middle of our mess and move us (transform us) into people who reflect the very image of Christ on a day to day basis in all our words and deeds. I thank God for the rainbow in the sky last Sunday night after the storm blew through!

No comments: