Saturday, April 25, 2009

Golf Vacation - Final Post


Here are a few of the highlights that I will not soon forget from my final day of golf vacation:

Walked into the Royal New Kent Clubhouse and was met with a t-shirt that read: "Voted America's 16th toughest golf course" by Golf Magazine. Now that's intimidating!

Played a round of golf with a wonderful Southern Baptist church planter. It was a great day of fellowship and could this guy play! I guess it is true that southern baptist preachers only work Sundays and golf the rest of the week!!!

Proud to have played my best round of the week yesterday! I still won't share my score because it was pitiful, but I had a blast playing this course.

Played one the hardest holes of my life as the green on 18 was an island green. In case anyone is wondering, I did hit the green from 160 yards out. The problem is that once it hit the green it bounced twice and rolled down into the water.

Got sunburned and laughed hard at my friend who had one pale white hand and one bright red hand. That's one reason right there to not wear a golf glove.

Got through Richmond VA and DC traffic without a hitch. Spent 1 1/2 hours in Baltimore traffic because of rush hour and an accident.

Got home to new siding on the house, a happy dog and my wonderful family! I truly enjoyed my time away, but I'm not sure I'm up to leaving my family anytime soon again.

All in all, it was a fun 90 holes of golf on the most beautiful and difficult courses I have ever played or seen. There is something special about being out in God's creation for four days that really does my heart good! The time away also provided me with some quiet time to just pray, read my Bible and a few books I've been meaning to get through. Back to reality!

No comments: