Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sunday Decompression

As Sunday (April 5) moves forward, here are a few thoughts rambling through my head after a very busy week and weekend.

I hope this Sunday night isn't as interesting as last Sunday night! No need for a tornado to rip through my neighborhood this week.

I'm really proud of my wife and the job she did in pulling together the Egg Hunt event that saw 5000 people on our campus. Check out the video from the day!

I wore my Maple Leafs jersey in church today and took a beating. I'm thankful for one guy in the church who told me to wear it with pride even though it was 1967 that we last took home the Stanley Cup.

Feeling really weary! The past few nights have seen fairly high sustained winds that have the tarps on our roof making an awful racket. Be glad to get shingles back on over our head!

Looking forward to our Good Friday Night of Worship and our Four Easter services. I really believe God is going to knock our socks off with numbers as we meet and move for His glory!

Appreciated Matt McElravy (Grace Worship Arts Director) and the band this morning. They did a great job with the Beatles tune but more importantly, leading us in the worship of a Saviour who is Mighty to Save!

Had a ton of fun eating wings and watching the Michigan State Spartans beat up on UConn with my son. We used to live in Michigan and Susan was a nanny for a family that all graduated from MSU, so they hold a special place in our hearts.

Can't wait to try the live video webcast tomorrow evening. Should be an interesting exercise that will hopefully lead us to streaming our services live on the web.

Thank You Lord for another great day of worship with your people at Grace. I love serving You here with them!!!

No comments: